The Power Of Sleep
If your eating and exercise are on point, but you still don’t feel or look the way you want, poor sleep may be to blame.
Here are 3 signs that YOUR SLEEP HABITS Aren’t working for you:
- Your Mind Is Foggy: What we experience and learn gets cemented to memory while we sleep. Interference with this process causes: – reduced alertness and concentration , confusion, impaired judgment, forgetfulness
- You Are Struggling With Your Weight: Poor sleep is linked to excess body fat, as it can: disrupt appetite regulation, cause you to feel hungrier, lead to increased calorie intake ( also excess body fat can reduce sleep quality)
- You Are Getting Sick A Lot: When we don’t sleep enough, T-cells go down and inflammation goes up, resulting in: increased vulnerability to viruses and bacteria, acute increase in risk of getting sick, increased risk of hear disease and other inflammation-related illnesses
TIPS To Improve Sleep Habits:
- Limit fluids before bed time
- Stick to a reasonable bedtime routine
- Sleep at least 7 Hours
- Turn off electronics 30min before bed time
- De-stress ( stretch or meditate)
- Take a bath or shower
- Set your room to an appropriate temperature – its better to sleep when its cooler ( around 67F)
- Make the room as dark as possible
Now, go get some sleep !